Comment on page
Helpful resources outside of the Offensive Security course material
- Offensive Security Proving Grounds (Practice) - At $20/month,Proving Grounds Practice was the best external resource I encountered to simulate like boxes. I also found it to be much more helpful than the course labs for the following reasons:
- Boxes designed and vetted by Offensive Security that mirror the exam boxes, both difficulty rating and techniques required.
- Dedicated (i.e. not shared like OSCP labs)
- Clear difficulty rating of easy, medium, and hard. These ratings were in line with the exam boxes I encountered.
- Box hints for initial access and privilege escalation that don't give the answer away but give direction of what to focus on.
- Box walkthroughs which I found to be much more helpful than the Offensive Security forums. The walkthroughs are very thorough and helped me understand why I missed something.
- Tib3rius has created the following Udemy courses for $20 each and they are well worth the money. The OffSec coursework touches on both Linux and Windows privesc but the Udemy courses cover most all privesc techniques likely to be required in the exam.